Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall

Wonderful morning. I slept in, while Chase took Lucy to "the dog park". I put that in quotes because what he was really doing was setting up a surprise breakfast for me in Miller Bird Park. We had planned to go on a bike ride this morning, so I got ready for that while he was gone. Then we biked up to the beautiful park on 15th East. It was a glorious fall morning. The weather was perfect and the colors were beautiful. The light shone just right on the surroundings. I loved biking through the picturesque Sugar House neighborhoods, many with fall decorations and colorful leaves. I like to imagine my grandma growing up in the same neighborhood when she was young. Others that were out seemed to be enjoying their morning too, and a peaceful feeling seemed to be in the city. When we arrived at the park, there was no one else there. A blanket was set out, along with a vase filled with a rose bouquet, breakfast, and a book of poetry from which Chase read to me the poems of Charlotte Smith and William Wordsworth. The stream rushed by down the hill. The sky was blue and the clouds floated quickly by. It ended all too soon as we had to go home so that I could go to work. It was fun coasting as fast as we could down the big hills to get back to our house, with Owl City playing in my ears. A wonderful morning with good company and good exercise, that makes me glad I live in Salt Lake City.

No comments: