Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's over


My show is over. Now, I've never been a big TV watcher, and I especially don't like to plan my life around a show, but Lost sucked me right in and I was hooked. I admit, I joined in late. Adam and Kim let us borrow the DVDs for the first two seasons a couple of years ago. Once I watched those, I knew I had to catch up before the next season (#5) started on TV. Then Chase and I made a Wednesday night ritual of watching the newest episode (we watched them online the day after they came out on TV since we don't get TV channels). It was almost comforting to tune in to those people and their crazy island problems every week! Not to mention, it has got to be one of the best TV shows ever made. Lost was an intelligent show, and assumed the viewer was intelligent as well, which was refreshing. I liked the psychological, philosophical, religious, and literary overtones, and the symbolism. It was a show really made you care about the characters, and what was happening in their lives, past and present (and future!). I even liked the finale. I know some people were disappointed, but I felt like it was emotionally satisfying. I know there were questions that were left unanswered, but I felt like that was to be expected. I think one mark of good writing and character development, whether in a movie, TV show, or book, is that it keeps you thinking about the story long after you have finished it. Lost definitely did that for me. Good thing Netflix has all the seasons on instant play...I just might watch them again! What did some of you other Lost fans think of the series finale? Are you lost without it? (he he)

1 comment:

The Raymond's said...

I loved the ending. Like you said not everything was answered but felt okay. I'm sad that I don't get to watch it each week anymore. Adam & I and our best friends had a weekly get together this entire season to watch it together. It was great and now I feel so "Lost" without it. I am definitely going to buy the complete set so I can re-watch it again and again.