Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Year in Review

2009 was an interesting year. Here are some of the things we did:



January - we got a new car. The one we had before was a total lemon. We had decided about six months previously to be a one-car family, so we were very excited when we got our Honda Element! We have loved it.




February - My first niece, Emi was born. What a little darling! We also took our annual family President's Day weekend trip to St. George.






March - After a few months of looking and making offers, we finally found our new house! Actually, it's an old house, built in 1922. It looks a bit different that this now, as we have done some fixing up, but here's what it looked like in March.







April - Chase's birthday, and a trip to Las Vegas/St. George/Kanarraville that was enjoyed with the company of some family and friends. We even saw a Gila monster in the wild!







May - We moved into our house, and we've been working on it ever since then! We also got Lucy. In addition, I was able to travel to Dallas to present two research papers I'd written at a medical conference.





June - I started my final semester of nursing school. I don't have a picture for this one, and it's a good thing, because if I did, it would involve me buried in a pile of books, looking like a crazy woman, wearing some ugly blue scrubs.








July - I don't really even remember July, it was such a blur. We went to see The Fray in concert with my sisters, which gave us a new love of The Fray. I also baked my first pie from scratch. Yum!






August - I finally graduated from nursing school! We also said goodbye to Carrie when she moved to New York, and then hello to her again a few weeks later when we arrived in New York for our trip! We also visited Maine, Boston, and Washington, D.C., where we visited with Brittany, Lumina, Dan, and Aunt Nancy and her family!





September - I started my new job as a nurse. Chase lost his job, and began a 3-month search to find a new one. I began doing things like making home made bread to save money. I also learned how to can jam!





October - I turned 30. I've already written a post on that.





November - Chase found a job at Legacy Preparatory Academy, where he is currently in charge of Special Education at the secondary school. No pictures of that. We also traveled to Price to set up Carrie's art exhibit, since she couldn't do it from New York. We had fun doing that!

December - we finally re-did our kitchen floor! It looks great. Pictures of that coming soon, since we still have to finish the baseboards and the stairs.

Here are some of the things we are looking forward to in 2010: A visit from Brittany, a new baby in my family (Alicia's - due any day!), our cruise to the Bahamas in February (finally!), and much more that I will blog about later!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What about TWO new babies in the your family in 2010 - mine is due any day now also!

Mekelle said...

You have done so much within the last year! Geez....don't know if I could really say I accomplished anything! Your wedding picture is gorgeous!! You guys make such a cute couple!

Deatry Fam said...

Ash, thanks for mentioning the arrival of Bryce. he came in August. and hopefully you were looking forward to the Arrival of 2 new nieces in January not just one.

Deatry Fam said...

Ash, thanks for mentioning the arrival of Bryce. he came in August. and hopefully you were looking forward to the Arrival of 2 new nieces in January not just one.