Friday, December 4, 2009

Blue Christmas

I have finished decorating for Christmas. My decorations consist of a tree and a faux-pine garland over the fireplace. And a nativity set. That's about as all-out as I go. But it was fun putting up the decorations this year. As I pulled out my old ornaments, one by one, I was reminded of Christmases past.

I purchased most of those ornaments five years ago, in an effort to cheer myself up in the aftermath of the breakup of a five-year relationship. I wanted a blue-themed Christmas tree. Allison wanted a pink tree, but I wanted a blue tree. Maybe it had something to do with my mood that year.

I got my blue tree. And I loved it. And it did cheer me up.

But this year, I don't need the blue anymore. Oh, I still used the ornaments, scattered throughout my tree here and there. But there are new ornaments now, some added from Chase's personal collection, and some we collected together. Looking at our house decorated for Christmas, there is definitely a more colorful, rich, and full look to my tree and home now. Maybe it has something to do with my mood this year.


2 comments:

allison said...

I still have all my pink ornaments! But now they are mixed in with green, brown, gold, silver and red. Someone gave me a bunch of blue ones and I still don't use them! You can have them if you want! Blue is just not Christmas-y to me.

Mekelle said...

I just love what you guys have done to your house...I love the Christmas decorations too! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! <3 ya!