Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stories, Updates, & Things Left Unblogged

So I've taken a break from blogging for a while...to focus on the election (ha! just kidding - although my candidate is pulling ahead...yay). So what has been going on...

1. A couple of months ago, in an effort to be more environmentally conscious, we downsized to one car and bought this:

Cute, fun, 80 miles to the gallon...but it broke down this week. I never really thought about how you'd get a scooter to the shop to be fixed when it doesn't work...you can't tow it, nor does it fit in your car. We're still working on that one...

2. I have learned how to can. Sort of. Some women in my ward were nice enough to teach me. Eventually I would like to know how to do this on my own, but since I don't have any of the equipment, I settled for canning in the church kitchen (applie pie filling!) the first day and in someone's home kitchen (tomatoes) the next week.



















































Next I'm looking to buy a wheat grinder so I can make my own whole wheat flour.

3. I'm going to have a niece! My sister already blogged about it here, and I am so excited...we guessed it would be a girl, and we were right. What else would you expect from my family?

No comments: