Sunday, August 17, 2008

World Water Week


Today marks the beginning of the 2008 World Water Week. Besides being a fun alliteration to say, World Water Week is an annual meeting in Stockholm, Sweden to present and generate ideas about better use of the resource and environmental concerns. This year there is a special emphasis on water sanitation throughout the world. In light of my last post, and my efforts to be more conscientious of my impact on the environment, I decided that this is something I would definitely like to support! Some of the initiatives being considered at this year's conference include cutting back on the use of bottled water, carbon-offsetting, recycling, and fair trade. I am excited that this group is taking the initiative to help the billions of people in the world who do not have access to adequate sanitation. This is the kind of organization I would like to be involved with in the future (you know, once I'm out of school and I have time for stuff like that).

No comments: