Monday, April 21, 2008

Goodbye Subaru

Well, it finally happened...I had to say goodbye to the ol' Subaru. It wasn't a happy goodbye, either...that is, it wasn't because I got a nice new car to replace it with. It was because of an incident involving a snowy day, icy roads, and a school bus (without children in it) that left my car looking like this:



So, I finally had to say goodbye. (I think the Kidney Foundation is pretty happy though.) This car and I have been through a lot together...I've been driving it for 7 years, and my family had it for 8 before that. Its 254,000 miles have taken me to Canada, California (several times), Las Vegas, St. George, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, and more...if I hadn't killed it, I don't know if it ever would have died. And sadly, it hasn't been replaced by anything new yet...

5 comments:

Wasatch Girl said...

NO!!!!!!! Don't say it is true! That vehicle was fantastic and just kept on rockin'.

Brooke said...

oh man, i love that car!!!

Karah said...

What a sad day - that car treated you well... no matter how much VAD equipment you loaded her down with :) I'm glad you have this blog so I can keep up to date with what you're doing. I'm so jealous of your Vietnam trip - what an incredible experience!

Kristi said...

bye bye subie! We'll miss you!

kdance said...

Oh, no! Goodbye, Subaru!